Manager training is being transformed. Too often new Managers are onboarded using long, face-to-face workshops, held during their first few months in the role.
Such workshops may include information on policies and procedures covering topics such as the organisation, Health and Safety, Attendance, Performance, Pay, Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion, Equality, and Systems.
This approach presents a number of ongoing challenges:
- There is too much information for the Manager to retain
- Spending time trying to remember such detail does not add any value to the Manager performance nor the business
- Often the detail provided varies based on the facilitator being used to deliver the training
- When the Manager needs to use and apply the knowledge and capability, they have forgotten about it
- When they need to recap a policy/procedure or how to handle a situation, they don’t know where to find the information and when they do it is often too complex or inconsistent/out-of-date
For those reasons, and also fuelled by the impact of Covid-19, organisations are now embracing digital alternatives.
This is much more than just converting that classroom onboarding training to online webinars – instead it is a fundamental rethink about the requirements of new Managers and how best to support them.
Find out more about how we can create your own Manager toolkit.
Contact: Gail Jones
tel: 07436 139378