A new study by recruitment specialists Reed of 2,000 adults in employment has revealed that the perfect job is a four-day, 24-hour week with a salary of £61,000 a year and a boss who enjoys a pint with his workforce.
Employer benefits, such as discounts at sports clubs and local gyms were also high on the list, along with regular reviews and pay rises, flexible working hours, pension, and the choice of wearing jeans.
Almost half of those polled wanted a good work-life balance, and a boss that understood family commitments.
“Work-life balance means something different to each of us,” commented Mark Rhodes, Reed’s managing director.
“For some it may be combining hard work and dedication to the job with the pursuit of personal interests and hobbies outside of work, whilst for others it might be the fulfilment of childcare and family responsibilities.
“For dual-income couples who both work full-time, it is little surprise that flexibility and an understanding employer rank so highly.
“But our research shows that work-life balance is also an important factor for Millennials. They’ve grown up with technology that gives them access to information and allows them to be productive anywhere, and it’s shaped their view of work.”
TOP 30 DESIRABLE PERKS OF THE PERFECT JOB
- A good work-life balance
- Excellent pension
- Flexible working hours
- A boss who understands family comes first
- Being able to work from home if you need to
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare for you and the family
- You’re able to leave work on time everyday
- Free tea and coffee
- Your own office
- A nice view from the window
- A designated parking space
- A quiet workspace, so you can concentrate
- The ability to have an opinion / say
- A boss who is a family man / woman themselves
- A chair which is measured to you, so that you are always comfortable
- Being allowed to work in jeans
- You can be your own boss
- Gym membership
- Free fruit provision
- A company car
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Being treated to lunch at posh venues regularly
- You are treated to the latest gadgets such as phones, laptops
- A boss that enjoys a pint
- Discounts to local leisure facilities
- Access to a fantastic stationary cupboard
- Two computer screens on the desk
- Regular reviews / appraisals
- Shower facilities